A five point plan for commuters
As a commuter himself, Mark Prisk is working hard to improve our rail services. He has organised face-to-face meetings for commuters with senior rail bosses; won new compensation rights for passengers; and successfully lobbied for new and more trains at peak hours. These are due to come over the next eighteen months.
We need that investment to ease overcrowding and improve reliability. Now Mark has been re-elected he will campaign for the following:
- Better compensation from Greater Anglia for commuters, so they can claim after 15 minutes delay, like Govia GTR passengers.
- New trains for all. Ensure Greater Anglia deliver new and longer trains across the whole network.
- Replace the Govia GTR mega franchise with a rail company focused on the Great Northern line, including Hertford Loop.
- Continue to oppose plans for replacing the rail service northwards from Hertford North to Stevenage, with a bus service.
- Double the track capacity into London and get Crossrail 2 to reach Hertfordshire.