Key Community Contacts

Non-Emergency Police Line

You should call 101 to report crime or other concerns that do not require an emergency response.

For example, you should call 101 if:
your car has been stolen
your property has been damaged
you suspect drug use or dealing in your area

Or to:
report a minor traffic collision
give the police information about crime in your area
speak to the police about a general enquiry

What is the difference between 101 and 999?

You should continue to call 999 when it is an emergency, such as when a crime is in progress, someone suspected of a crime is nearby, when there is danger to life or when violence is being used or threatened.

To contact the police for any other reason, call 101.

For further information on how to contact the police you can visit the Hertfordshire Police Service Website at the following address


Adult Care

·         Meals on wheels -

·         Adult social care (overall) -

·         Blue badge (disability parking permit) -

·         Bus pass (for older and disabled people) -  

·         Adult social care equipment and services are available from


Wider Key Services

·         Report a pothole or road / footpath fault -

·         Libraries - renew / browse items online -

·         School places (admissions) -

·         Births, marriages and deaths - booking an appointment to register -

·         Free school meals - apply online at



For up to date flooding information, please call Floodline on 0345 988 1188.

To report environmental incidents, including anything that can cause an immediate flood risk, odour from a waste site, etc, call our incident hotline on 0800 80 70 60. It is important to do this as soon as possible after noticing the incident so that we can attend if necessary.

For general enquiries call 03708 506 506. This the national customer enquiries number from where you will be transferred to the relevant team.